Aboriginal Music Week is one of the largest gatherings and celebrations of Indigenous music and musicians. In 2013 they’re moving up the annual event from early November (brr!) to late August (yay!). Applications are now open – send yours in now!
It will be the fifth annual Aboriginal Music Week in 2013 and the festival will span August 16-21, taking place on outdoor stages and nightclubs in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The fest is currently accepting applications from Indigenous artists for performance spots.
To be considered for a performance spot, you must:
• Have a current or upcoming professional release (EP / full-length)
• Have at least two professional print resolution photographs
• Have a professional website
• Have a music video on YouTube or a quality video of yourself performing on YouTube
• Be willing to collaborate with other artists on stage during the festival
• Be willing to provide at least one song for the free download page on the festival website
• Accept the festival’s radius clause for the city of Winnipeg (six months before the festival and three months after the festival)
• Have the ability to book your own flights (the festival may be able to pay a flight buyout, but we won’t be handling any of the bookings)
• Be a nice person
NOTE: The radius clause does not apply to artists or bands that live in Winnipeg
Please submit the following in person or by mail:
• One-page biography in Microsoft Word format (.doc) on CD
• A stage plot and tech rider for the performance that you would like us to book (complete our template and send us a list of the backline models you need if you don’t already have a stage plot and tech rider)
• Two print resolution digital photos on CD
• A performance history with dates, venues, city/community and venue capacity for the last 12 months in Microsoft Word format (.doc) on CD
• One copy of your current professional release on CD
• Your website address
• Links to your video(s) on YouTube
• Your contact information (full name, mailing address, phone number, email, website)
• Contact information for your booking agent or the band member that handles booking (full name, mailing address, phone number, email, website)
Please send submissions to:
Aboriginal Music Manitoba Inc.
C/O AMW2013 Programming Committee
1-376 Donald Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Please feel free to contact [email protected] for more information about our Call for Submissions.
The submission deadline is Wednesday, December 19, 2012 (in office – not post marked). For more info visit aboriginalmusicweek.ca.
See you at the festival!